We live in an ever-changing, connected world, and the proliferation of consumer electronics is at the heart of it all.
In 2012, there will be more devices than people on Earth.
Today, Broadcom is driving more innovation and powering more connected devices than ever before. Every day, 99.98 percent of the world’s data touches a Broadcom chip.
Explore the power of connections and learn amazing facts about the growth of our markets and how Broadcom innovations are changing the world.
- There are more than 4 billion smartphones in use on the planet
- Smartphone sales are growing faster than mobile phones
- The average consumer is never more than 3 feet from their smart phone and checks it 40 times per day
- Half of all Facebook users gain access via a mobile device and are twice as active as non-mobile users
- Hospitals that use Web-based health records have a 5% lower mortality rate
- Video represents 50% of all mobile traffic, is expected to grow to 90%
- Near-Field Communications (NFC) enabled devices are projected to reach 650 million by 2015