Broadcom’s technologies were honored this week as being some of the best at the Interop conference in Las Vegas. Specifically, Broadcom’s family of 802.11ac – or 5GWiFi – chips was named Best New Product at the 2012 Network Products Guide Hot Companies and Best Products Award. And Broadcom’s NetXtreme Ethernet Solutions was named winner of the IT Products and Services for Enterprise (Medium) category.
Broadcom was the first to introduce chips using the new 802.11ac wireless technology and has created some early excitement around the concept of 5GWiFi. Already, companies are rolling out products that will use the new technology – Netgear being the first – and others are excited about the potential that it will offer. The technology promises a more robust and more seamless experience around digital content, such as video, and the capabilities of sharing that content across a number of devices, including televisions, mobile phones, tablet computers and traditional PCs.
The NetXtreme Ethernet Solutions were also recognized for the innovation they bring to enterprise networks and data centers. Broadcom’s Ethernet adapter offerings are engineered to help IT managers meet new demands, such as the increasing adoption of virtualization, as well as leverage advanced features, such as Energy Efficient Ethernet, which enables up to 42 percent less power consumption and lower IT operating costs.
Broadcom’s diverse portfolio of semiconductor solutions were also name finalists in the 2012 Network Products Guide Awards in eight categories, including Access, Best IT Hardware for the Enterprise, IT Products for the Enterprise, Services for Telecom, Data Center, Green IT, Mobile & Wireless, and Best New Product.
- Broadcom at Interop: Power Consumption Technology Plays Important Role
- Broadcom at Interop: Energy Efficient Ethernet is Good for the Planet
- Technology Moving at the Speed of Life: Broadcom Enables Massive Network Scalability
- Enterprise 2.0: Broadcom puts Network Managers in the Fast Lane
- Broadcom at Interop: Next-Generation Data Centers Shift into High Gear
- Broadcom at Interop: Unprecedented Innovation for Next Gen Data Center, Green IT and Enterprise 2.0
- Broadcom at Interop: Knowledge-Base and Multi-Core Processors Complete Broadcom Portfolio
- Gallery: The sights of Broadcom at Interop