Vodafone’s launch of the Smart II, which offers a high level of performance, connectivity and functionality at unprecedented price points, represents a significant step toward getting smartphones in the hands of more people – many whom may have never owned a smartphone before. Much of the world – especially emerging economies – is still transitioning from basic phones to smartphones. In fact, some estimate 90 percent of the available market in the coming years will be for entry- to mid-level smartphones.
The Vodafone Smart II, which features Broadcom’s BCM21552 832 mHz processor, has twice the processing power of the most desired smartphones of four years ago at a fraction of the price. It gives new smartphone users a high-end mobile Internet experience and an uncompromised level of functionality.
Vodafone has designed the Smart II to address the needs of customers who have yet to realize the benefits of handheld computing and the benefits that come with it. This new device opens a new world of mobile content and services – from news apps and email to social networking and mobile commerce – that not only will save them time and money but also will help them manage their busy lives.
- All Things D: Entry-level smartphones better, thanks to Broadcom
- Bringing the “Smartphone Experience” to all
- Engadget: Vodafone UK launches Smart II: Android Gingerbread for £70 (hands-on)
- Android Central: Vodafone UK introduces the modestly-priced Smart II
- Recombu: Vodafone Smart 2 available now