This week at Interop 2012, weâ€™re thrilled to display products from our newly formed Processor & Wireless Infrastructure line of business, a result of our recent acquisition of NetLogic Microsystems.
The addition of leading knowledge-base and multi-core embedded processor technology to our growing Infrastructure & Networking portfolio extends Broadcomâ€™s addressable market and provides our customer base with a complete end-to-end solution.
Combining bandwidth, connectivity and intelligence into one seamlessly integrated platform solution results in reduced integration costs, enhanced system performance and lower execution risks for our customers.
Knowledge base and multi-core processors are benefiting from the same drivers fueling growth in Ethernet switch, including LTE build outs, cloud computing, the explosive growth in mobile traffic and ever-increasing use of video. According to the Cisco Virtual Networking Index, video transport will represent 90 percent of all Internet traffic by 2015.
Transporting video from the user through the core of the network is no small task. It requires Â requiring a great deal of processing power. Anytime a video crosses the Internet, chances are our latest processors are managing the heavy lifting.Â In fact, we estimate that 98.99 percent of all Internet traffic now crosses a Broadcom chip.
- Broadcom at Interop: Power Consumption Technology Plays Important Role
- Broadcom at Interop: Energy Efficient Ethernet is Good for the Planet
- Technology Moving at the Speed of Life: Broadcom Enables Massive Network Scalability
- Enterprise 2.0: Broadcom puts Network Managers in the Fast Lane
- Broadcom at Interop: Next-Generation Data Centers Shift into High Gear
- Broadcom at Interop: Unprecedented Innovation for Next Gen Data Center, Green IT and Enterprise 2.0