It’s not every day that Broadcom’s hardworking engineers get recognized for their innovations, especially when their work deals in the particulars of managing the complex back-end of cloud networks. This week, the team that designed the StrataXGSÂ® Trident II was lauded after the switch series was named one of the 2012 Products of the Year by Electronic Products magazine.
The award is an important triumph in the teamâ€™s collective careers, said Jim Harrison, the magazineâ€™s West Coast editor, â€śas well as a milestone for Broadcom,â€ť during a presentation at Broadcomâ€™s San Jose campus this week. The StrataXGSÂ® Trident II series was released last summer and addresses critical issues of cloud-scale networking.
The magazine chooses 17 winning products for the annual awards from among the thousands that hit the market each year. The winners represent significant advancement and innovative design in their respective categories, according to the magazine.
The members of the StrataXGSÂ® Trident II design team on hand to receive the award were Avinash Mani, Mohammad Issa, Nick Kucharewski, Hsin-Yuan Ho, Venkatesh Buduma and Mike Jorda. The team has worked together for about 12 years, said Kucharewski, a Senior Director of Product Marketing in the Infrastructure and Networking Group.
- [Press Release]: Broadcom StrataXGS Trident II Awarded Product of the Year
- The Flexible Cloud: Smart-Table Technology Enables Network Scalability
- Broadcomâ€™s 28nm Technology: Greater performance and less power consumption is only the beginning
- Virtualization Meets the Cloud at VMworld
- Broadcom Tackles Cloud Control at VMworld